Instead paying by chip & PIN, fixed penalties will now be paid using a secure payment portal.
How it works
Once a member of our enforcement staff issues you with a fixed penalty:
- You will be asked to provide an email address or telephone number for either yourself or a nominated payee.
- An email or text with a unique code and a link to the payment portal will be sent to you or your nominated payee.
- Follow the link and use the code to enter your payment details to make payment.
- Our onsite enforcement staff will receive a text confirming receipt of payment.
- They’ll then release your vehicle once any other outstanding issues have been resolved.
- You’ll receive an email or text receipt confirming payment.
Benefits for you
The new system means payments can be made from anywhere and by anyone nominated by the driver.
It will be translated into in several languages and will be available 24/7, so payments can be made at any time.
This means you’ll be able to move off quicker.